One of the most common type of accidents, are the ones involved large trucks. Texas, is one of the major contender in national commercial truck industry. It has major highways and thruways that truck drivers take.
If you get involved in a truck accident, one thing you need to do is getting in contact with truck accident lawyers. They will help you go through all the steps and paper work. Something you most do to reclaim a compensation.
How can I prove a truck accident claim?
The civil court in Texas, gives you a way to recover from the damages caused by the accident. Besides the claim you file against the truck company insurance. You could take your claim to court. If the insurance company denies your claim and try to offer you less than what you deserve, you may go to trial. There are main elements you’re going to need to prove the claim of the accident in the trial:
- The duty of care from the defendant. One thing that truck drivers and trucking companies know is that they have a duty of care to others on the road.
- A breach of their duty. Something that could breach this duty is the recklessness of the driver. To prove, you can look for electronic devices, eyewitnesses, or the driver history.
- The at-fault party, who caused the incident. The defendant may the one who caused the accident or at least been a contributor. There’s a chance that defendant wasn’t the one who cause the accident. If so, you may not be able to hold the defendant of liable. An attorney will help you investigate your case and determine the cause of the accident.
- The Damages Suffered. You need to have proof of the damages you suffered. Like medical bills, lost wages, property damages, and others.
Some Laws & Regulations
Driving a truck is one of the most regulated jobs in the country. You can find in the United States code of law a dedicated section to regulate this profession. Truck drivers restricted to laws like:
- Licensing requirements. A normal license doesn’t work to drive this type of vehicle. You must go through to a special training to get a commercial driver’s license.
- Alcohol & Drugs Test. No one is allowed to drive while in the influence of these sustains.
- Break Requirements. One of the most common type of accidents happen because of the driver’s fatigue. Truck drivers need to take breaks to rest.
Statistics of Truck Accidents in Texas
As previously said, Texas is one of the major contender in the national commercial trucking industry. Having employed approximately more than a thousand of drivers. You’re always going to find a commercial truck in the road. Some accidents that happen are:
- In the year 2015. More than 4000 large truck get involved in an accident.
- In the year 2013. Texas ranked in one of the highest number of truck accidents cases, with more than 400.
- In the year 2016. There were 403 large truck accidents.